I've done this survey before. To me it's a lot of fun to see what other people have written and to look back at what I wrote in previous years. Thanks Linda!
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Hang on to your seats because there is a lot to this one:
Bought a house
Got a dog
Dealt with the medical community like never before
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make resolutions last year.
This year I am resolving to not procrastinate about specific things: classwork for my graduate classes, doing laundry, and cleaning the house.
I also want to get all of my pictures backed up into an organized system and finally print some of them!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My niece and a friend.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. My father passed away in June.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Freedom from debt. We would like to remodel/fix up lots of our house but I feel like I can’t put money into that with other bills to pay.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 25, May 31, June 3, June 8 - all relating to my dad
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Buying our first home, celebrating our 14th anniversary. I would like to tell everyone who said we wouldn’t make it - Look at us now!
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just a broken heart
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Where did most of your money go?
Just the usual bills.
13. What did you get really excited about?
Buying our house
14. What song will always remind you of 2010?
California Gurls by Katy Perry because of kickball
Taps for my dad
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Ehh, it depends on the day
– thinner or fatter? fatter
– richer or poorer? Poorer
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
taken care of myself - exercised, cooked instead of eating out
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Totally different this year - Christmas Eve at our house and Christmas Day at the in-laws
19. What was your favorite TV program?
There are so many! Bones, House, Grey’s Anatomy, The Big Bang Theory
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Half Baked by Alexa Stevenson.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
Live Like Crazy
The House that Built Me
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Easy A, How to Train Your Dragon, Percy Jackson
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
It was a terrible day and I turned 33.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
if I had taken care of myself
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Whatever was clean and fit
26. What kept you sane?
Mindless games on Facebook
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
You can do anything, if you have to.
Respect is earned by the life you live.