Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving Break is here!

We had a crazy week at school. Wait a minute . . . they are all crazy. Let me say that we had a crazier week than usual at school this week.

Here's some of what went on this week:

  • Working from 8:00 - 10:00 P.M. on Monday night (and then grading at home until midnight) on grades that were due on Tuesday morning at 8:00 A.M.
  • getting to school on Tuesday morning at 7:00 A.M. to finish grades (Mrs. T. is NOT happy when you submit late! :)
  • Third grade held a parent meeting about the Reading TAKS test on Tuesday (only 10 parents showed up BOO!)
  • I attended a science fair planning meeting on Tuesday
  • one of my co-workers was out a couple of days (her poor baby has RSV and TWO types of flu)
  • we had almost 300 parents join their children for Thanksgiving lunch on Thursday (thank goodness I didn't have anything to do with it except turn in the money my students brought it)
  • Holiday picture day on Friday
  • wearing regular clothes on Friday (not me, the students . . . they usually wear uniforms),
  • early dismissal on Friday (a first for us for Thanksgiving. We've only gotten out early once before on the day of Thanksgiving break because the high school needed the buses for the the football team)
  • a student brought cupcakes on Friday for her birthday, etc.. etc., etc.
  • finished up benchmarking (we test at the end of each six weeks on science, social studies, math and reading usual bubble sheets that the teachers have to check by hand before turning in - but I'm NOT complaining - bubble sheets are much better than our own grade/analyze by hand method)
  • be depressed about benchmark scores
  • take care of field trip details for my DI team
  • Staff luncheon on Friday (thank goodness we drew paper goods this time)
  • turning in all of the end of the six weeks paperwork that was due
  • handing out Book-It pizza coupons to students for November
  • trying to download new curriculum for the third six weeks (our internet has been on strike at school lately and these documents have tons of pages so I am NOT going to print them at home!)

I am grateful for the whole week off for Thanksgiving. I plan on working in my room some to get ready for the three weeks that we have in December. Time is flying by and the TAKS test will be here before we know it. There is NO time to waste (not that there ever is).

I also need to clean my entire house because I am hosting Thanksgiving dinner for my parents and some good friends of ours.

No comments: