Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Awards Days




Both kids had awards ceremonies at the end of the school year. It was sad for me at BOTH ceremonies. Garrett finished Pre-K and will be in kindergarten next year. That's okay really because that means he will now be at Salazar with me. However, Meagan finished the fourth grade and will be attending . . . sniff . . . sniff . . . middle school. Where does the time go????



As I mentioned in my previous post, Meagan did really well in school this year. Her TAKS scores were fantastic. She got a perfect score on the math, a perfect score on the grammar test, a 3 (out of 4) on her compostition, and only missed two on the reading test. This means she was Commended in all three testing areas! We are very proud of her and know she will do well in middle school.



Garrett also did well on all of his end of the year tests. His teacher said he was the best helper in the class this year and is a model student. (I asked her to check her files to make sure she was telling me about the right student! LOL) We are also very proud of Garrett. He continues to amaze us with his vocabulary. The other day he told Jimmy to be careful with his medicine because his pill would dissolve if the liquid touched it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am absolutely astonished at how much Meagan and Garrett have grown. I think Garrett was practically a newborn when I saw him last! :) They sound like they are turning into great students...just like their mommy!
I certainly miss you and hope all is well. btw- before you hear from others, I am officially engaged! So clear your calendar for next June because that is probably when I will finally tie the knot!
Matthew