Wednesday, October 15, 2008

If you want to take 10 years off of my life . . .

come to my room while I am teaching and tell me the nurse from Meagan's school is calling. Tell me that she fell and hit her head.

Needless to say, I ran down the breezeway and was so out of breath (note to self - exercise more) that I could hardly hear the nurse over the sound of my huffing and puffing, um, breathing.

Then she took ten more years off of my life when she uttered the words "possible concussion." Thanks, I didn't want to collect Social Security anyway.
Meagan fell face first onto concrete and got a nasty bump on her head and a scrape on her knee. Her thumb also hurt where her head landed on it. The nurse said her bump would have been much worse had she not gotten her thumb up and in between her head and the concrete.

I had to watch her for several signs that she had a concussion. I also had to wake her up twice during the night to make sure she was okay.

When I was taking this picture (above) Meagan said, "You're going to put this on your blog aren't you?" My kids . . . they learn so quickly. She even suggested a title for me "Girl has baseball, no, softball on forehead."

Thank goodness she was fine and showed no symptoms of having a concussion.

And on a lighter note, I will leave you with this picuture:This is just a cute picture of the mouse puppet Garrett brought home from school on Friday. They read If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff. It's a really cute book if you haven't read it yet.




No comments: