**If you don't read All & Sundry you should. She is a terrific writer with two ADORABLE boys. She also recently committed herself to getting healthy with amazing results!
**Feel free to copy this and do it on your own blog - or in the comments section of my blog. If you do put your answers on your blog, will you let me know?
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Got a job as a reading specialist, took the kids to Houston on vacation
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I even made any resolutions last year. I might make some this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
patience with my children
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
several that are school related - July, November, December all having to do with changes
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting the new job!
9. What was your biggest failure?
not being patient with my children
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, Garrett struggled with sinus issues though.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I'm thinking it will be the new camera I just bought but I haven't learned enough about it yet!
I dropped my old one : (
Jimmy's for putting up with me!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one that I can think of.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, eating out
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My new job! Garrett and Meagan doing well in school.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? about the same
c) richer or poorer? about the same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
exercise, try to stay organized
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
We stayed in town as usual and had my parents over on Christmas Eve and then went to Jimmy's mom's house on Christmas Eve and for Christmas Day lunch
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I fall in love a little more with Jimmy each day. He is always doing something for me. I mean the thoughtful things that he does like bringing stuff to me that I forgot at home, making sure I unplugged the iron for me (I call him almost every morning to ask that question!)
22. What was your favorite TV program?
LOST, Bones, House (I'm sorry, was I only supposed to name one??)
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
Schuyler's Monster by Robert Rummel Hudson (I found his blog through All & Sundry too!)
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
lots of stuff - hubby spoils me
27. What did you want and not get?
nothing - see #26
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I'm not a big movie person.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 31 and I don't remember! I'm going to guess that we went to Chili's or my mom made roast and all of the trimmings - my two favorite dinner options. (In my defense my birthday is January 8th so I'm gearing up for my next one already. Last year's birthday was a long time ago!)
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
to stick to a healthier eating/exercise plan
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
What's clean and doesn't need to be ironed.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election. It was very interesting to see so many people finally get involved with something EVERYONE should be involved in all the time (voting) Of course, I am a total loser when it comes to understanding politics but I do vote each time an election rolls around.
35. Who did you miss?
My friends Amy and Emily who moved away in last few years.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
??? I have no idea. I'm sure I met someone new this year but I am drawing a total blank!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Home by Chris Daughtry - I tend to be a "grass is greener" type of person. I need to remember that what I've got is better than anything out there! (This is in relation to material things - nice houses, fancy cars, etc. The people I have in my life are more important that any of that stuff.)