Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Key Lime Cake

I mentioned Key Lime Cake in a previous post so I thought I would post the recipie. I found it at teachers.net which is one of my favorite teaching websites to hang out on. I will post a picture of the cake next time I bake one.

Key Lime Cake

Cake:
¾ cup oil
¾ cup orange juice
5 eggs
1 3 oz. package lime flavored Jell-o
1 box lemon cake mix
¼ cup lime juice
5 tablespoons powdered sugar

Frosting:
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons (½ stick) butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 lb. box powdered sugar

Combine the oil, orange juice, eggs, Jell-O, and cake mix. Beat until smooth. Pour into a 9 x 13 pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 325 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean.

While cake is baking combine ¼ cup lime juice and 5 tablespoons in a small bowl. Stir until smooth.

When cake is finished, prick top of cake all over with a fork. Drizzle lime juice/powdered sugar mixture over the top of the entire cake. Let the cake cool while the frosting is being made.

To make frosting: beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add vanilla extract and then beat in entire box of powdered sugar until smooth. Spread over cooled cake.

Enjoy!

No comments: