Friday, July 11, 2008

Random Thoughts

I added a new post on the movie Wall*E. Well the post contains a few of my thoughts and a review by Roger Ebert. I had started the post a few days ago so it posted in chronological order. You can find it in the archives under Wall*E.

We played Jenga last night as a family. Garrett and Meagan actually did very well. Meagan is really getting the concept of finding a piece that is willing to move. (If you have never played Jenga before - as you touch each piece some of them "give" and some of them don't. You only want to move the ones that "give" because you have a better chance of not knocking down the whole tower.) I really like that Garrett is getting old enough now that we can play games together as a family.


Jimmy and I are going to see Ron White tonight. I can't wait. Jimmy and I love to watch his comedy routine on T.V. We are going to go to dinner and then go to the show. Yea! A night out without kids!

We have plans for the whole family tomorrow but shh. . . don't tell the kids. We are going to drive to Aransas Pass. They have a really cool pool with slides. It looks like a whole lot of fun. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

Yesterday I spent an hour printing out directions for vacation. With what I spent on paper and ink I probably could have bought one of those GPS things for the car. I am very excited about the hotel that Jimmy and I chose. It is very close to all of the things that we are going to do in Houston.

I also added some new music to the blog. I found some David Cook songs that I love. I was so excited that he won American Idol. I heard him on the radio for the first time yesterday. I can't wait for his CD to come out.

I told you this post was going to be full of random thoughts!

No comments: