Sunday, January 4, 2009

Guess what I bought??


So, I bought a new camera! It is a Canon Power Shot SX10 IS.

The main reason I bought this one (well other than the fact that I couldn't afford the one I really want - a Rebel) was that it has a 20x zoom.

It also has a burst option which allows you to push the button one time and the camera will take mulitple pictures. This is a great feature for sports.

Another reason I liked it was that it uses the same type of memory card that I already own for my Kodak.

I looked at a Kodak that was similar to this Canon but Best Buy was out of them and didn't know when they were going to get any more in.

The camera is a big step up from the Kodak I had. It has tons of features that can be used when you aren't taking pictures on auto.

So, here are my New Year's Resolutions (really it has to do with the camera - I promise):

I want to become a better photographer. I have this nice new camera with lots of options and now I actually want to learn how to use them!

Some people that I read regularly (their blogs that is) are doing something called Project 365. I originally heard about it from Janelle at My Life. It is a scrapbook where you take at least one picture each day of the year and then journal about it. If you click on her link you can read more about it.

I thought this sounded really cool but am totally overwhelmed at the idea of adding another scrapbook project to the ones I've already got going (and am totally behind on!)

Rachael at little bites of heaven has created a second blog where she plans to post her daily picture. I thought that was a GREAT idea - no paper needed! So, I may borrow her idea. The bad news? I already missed a day of taking pictures. I didn't take a picture on January 2nd!

I have some other resolutions but I am not firm on them yet - lets tackle one big goal at a time okay?

P.S. I went to work on Friday to start cleaning out my room/organizing and it was harder than I thought it was going to be!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a FABULOUS present! I was just given a Brand new Sony a100 and I have fallen IN LOVE with it! Seriously, I'm considering name it! 365 souns fun, but I jut don't think this year is the year for me. I can't wait to see yours, though!

ya ya's mom said...

thanks for the link love :)

Cindi said...

I can't wait to see your pictures with your new camera!

You asked why I was putting my pics on photobucket...well, I wanted to put them somewhere, and just took a stab at photobucket. Other than that, there's no particular reason. Should I look somewhere else?